Recruiting a skilled employee through Reactivate 35+ support
Financial support under Reactivate 35+ facilitates the recruitment of unemployed professionals aged 35+ from another EU country.
The European Commission project helps employers in recruiting employees from another EU country and job seekers in finding employment within the EU. The employee must be aged 35 or more.
Financial support may be granted to the employer to cover some of the costs of induction training and integration to the new country.
The amount of support granted to the employer is determined on the basis of the type of integration programme provided. The amount of support is about 810–2000 euros/employee.
Conditions for financial support
- The employee to be hired must be a citizen of the EU (not Norway, Iceland, Switzerland or Liechtenstein) aged 35 or more who is legally resident in an EU Member State (not Norway, Iceland, Switzerland or Liechtenstein)
- The employee to be hired must be an unemployed job seeker or a part-time working job seeker
- The employer must provide at least
- professional induction training
- language training
- settlement facilitation
- An employer that may be eligible for support:
- has a staff of no more than 250 employees
- is legally established in an EU country
- concludes a labour contract of the minimum duration of 6 months with the job seeker, with the salary and work conditions compliant with the national labour law
- offers a labour contract that may concern full-time or part-time work but no less than 50% of full time equivalent.
The employee may also apply for support for the job interview trip and relocation.
Reactivate projects are run by the three different EU countries:Italy, Germay and Poland.
More about the projects on the Eures portal.
You can also ask further information about applying the support from your local TE office or Eures experts.