Employment Bulletin: 387,500 unemployed jobseekers in July
- A total of 387,500 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of July, showing a year-on-year increase of 118,500.
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 29,400 from the previous month.
- At the end of July, the number of people laid off was 100,000 in the whole country; a year-on-year increase of 83,900.
- The number of long-term unemployed — that is those who had been unemployed without interruption for more than a year — amounted to 77,700, up 12,600 on the previous year.
- The number of unemployed jobseekers aged under 25 was 54,000, representing an increase of 17,300 from July last year.
Decrease in number of new vacancies
- The number of new vacancies reported to Employment and Economic Development Offices during July totalled 46,300; a decrease of 6,300 from July a year earlier.
- In all, the number of unfilled vacancies at Employment and Economic Development Offices amounted to 86,800 in July, showing a decrease of 13,200 from the previous year.
Unemployment rate 7.7%
- The employment rate was 73.2%, which was 1.3 percentage points lower than in July the year before.
- The unemployment rate was 7.7%, or 1.7 percentage points higher than the previous year.
Employment Bulletin of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment (temtyollisyyskatsaus.fi)
387,500 unemployed jobseekers in July (press release 25 July 2020) (tem.fi)