A new programme launched to boost employment in municipalities through procurement - call for applications opens on 1 December
Call for applications for employment policy project support has been opened to municipalities on 1 December 2020. The call is part of a programme aimed at boosting employment through public procurement. Applications will be accepted until 31 December 2020 in all TE Offices.
The national objective is to launch at least 15 regional pilot projects involving several municipalities, which together develop new employment opportunities using public procurement.
A new programme for boosting employment through procurement aims to increase support for employment through public procurement, as per the Government Programme. The programme can help support access to employment for people with partial work capacity or those who have been unemployed for a long time, for example.
The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment is responsible for implementing the programme. The project is coordinated nationally by the Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities. The municipal projects to be launched now form a network of projects.
Information on the call for applications for boosting employment through procurement
- Application period runs from 1 December to 31 December 2020 and applications should be submitted to the regional TE Office
- Applications can be submitted by one municipality or several municipalities in cooperation
- The project offers 50% of funding (employment policy project support) to build and develop a model for promoting employment through procurement
- The procurement projects will either employ people during the project period or the requirement to employ will be used in procurement during the project period
- A national coordination project by the Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities will provide practical assistance and feedback to municipalities
Call for applications for employment policy project support (in Finnish)
More information about call for applications for employment policy project support 9.12.
9 December 2020 Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities and TE Offices provide more information about the call for applications at a joint online event (kuntaliitto.fi, in Finnish)
Call for applications opens on 1 December: A new programme launched to boost employment in municipalities through procurement (Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, press release 1.12.2020)