Career, education and training
Experts of employment and economic development services can help you find education and training, career choice or career solutions that are compatible with your life situation. These pages contain further information about the possibilities offered by the TE Office services.
TE services will support you in all stages of your career - when you are
- looking for a job
- thinking about your career choices
- planning how to develop your skills
- considering a career change.
When you need support in assessing your situation, use our online services or national helpline, or contact your local TE Office, which despite the prevailing exceptional circumstances give guidance via telephone.
A career through education and training
The TE Offices' services will also support you when you start implementing your plan. There are many possibilities
- Vocational labour market training can improve your vocational skills and your possibilities of finding a job. You can also complete your comprehensive school studies, if lack of a basic education certificate is barrier to starting your vocational studies.
Labour market training programmes open for applications (in Finnish)
- Entrepreneur training will be useful if you are thinking about starting your own business or have already started one.
- Integration training provides immigrants with basic skills needed in vocational education and training or working life and in Finnish society.
- Self-motivated study on unemployment benefit may be possible on certain conditions, if no training that is suitable for you can be found among the labour market training programmes. Studies of this type must always be arranged with the TE Office.
- Apprenticeship training can be a pathway to a vocational qualification. You can also improve your skills by completing some modules of a qualification.