Your first EURES job for a young person
Financial support for finding a job in another EU country
Your first EURES job project aims to help young people aged 18–35 find a job in another EU country. You may also receive financial support to cover some of the costs involved.
There are four Your first Eures Job projects. Finnish citizens/residents usually apply from the project that is co-ordinated by the Swedish employment services. In addition to the Swedish project also Germany, France and Italy have their own projects. You can find further information about these projects on the rights side of the page. Please note that the information below mainly applies to the Swedish project.
NOTE! All the Your first Eures Job projects have now ended. The new Swedish Your first Eures Job project starts on the 2nd of February. You can apply for the support if you job interview or job starts on the 2nd of February at the earliest. Unfortunately, it is not possible to apply support for January.
Information about the other Your first Eures job projects will be updated later on.
Your first EURES job may help you if you wish to
- gain work experience in your own field even if already working in an EU country
- get started in your career
- change you professional orientation
You may seek assistance from Your first EURES job project if you are
- aged 18–35
- EU citizen legally resident in an EU country
When you have found a vacancy in another EU country and agreed on a job interview, you may receive financial support for
- the interview trip 100–350 euros depending on the distance
- relocation or moving to the new country after the job has been secured 700–1400 euros, depending on the country of destination
- language training according to actual costs up to 2000 euros
- recognition of qualifications according to actual costs up to 1000 euros
- supplementary relocation allowance up to 500 euros; available to young people with special needs only.
Conditions for the support
- Labour contract with at least 6 months duration and working hours of no less than 50% full time equivalent in the country of destination.
- Apply for the support for the interview trip and moving expenses well in advance before you set off for the trip or move from the country.
- Support may be sought for job opportunities in EU countries, Norway and Iceland but not in Switzerland or Liechtenstein.
- Financial support for a job interview and/or relocation is no longer granted when work tasks in Business support/Call Centre operations contain sales or telemarketing.
Support for language training, recognition of qualifications and supplementary relocation allowance
- When you have received confirmation that relocation allowance has been granted to you, you may also apply for support for language training and recognition of qualifications and for supplementary relocation allowance based on special needs.
- The decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
- The confirmation of receiving an allowance based on special needs must be obtained in advance, before you start language training or the process for the recognition of qualifications. The need for supplementary relocation assistance must also be established in advance.
- Expenses are reimbursed retroactively against receipt.
What do I do next?
- EURES Sweden grants support in work-related matters to applicants aged 18–35.
- Information and application forms of Your first EURES job are available at
If you know about a job or have agreed on a job interview:
- Choose the application form, fill it in, print it and signed it.
- Please note that unsigned applications will not be accepted.
- Attach a copy of your passport and a copy of your travel reservations, copies of your school diplomas or of your CV, the job advertisement as well as a confirmation that you are the administrator of your bank account.
- If you cannot scan the form to be sent as an attachment to your e-mail, you can also take a photograph and send that.
- A screen shot from your online bank service is an adequate confimation that you are the administrator of your bank account.
- Send the application to yfej(at)arbetsformedlingen.se. NOTE! Please send applications before 15.2. to yfej(at)te-toimisto.fi.
If you have any questions about Your first EURES job support, you may contact your nearest TE Office or send an e-mail to: yfej(a)te-toimisto.fi