Unemployment and social benefits during integration

Once you have registered as a jobseeker with a TE Office, you may be entitled to unemployment benefits: the labour market subsidy and the basic unemployment allowance are applied for at the Social Insurance Institution and the earnings-related allowance at your unemployment fund.

You may be entitled to an unemployment benefit if you are

  • an unemployed jobseeker
  • prepared to take a full-time job
  • prepared to accept services offered by the TE Office which improve your chances of finding a job and support your integration, such as a full-time Finnish language course.

If you are a full-time student, or if you cannot accept a full-time job for such reasons as full-time care of a child, you are not entitled to unemployment benefits.

Running your own business may also affect the payment of unemployment benefits.

In addition, you may be entitled to social assistance, which is applied from Kela.