Employment Bulletin: 357,400 unemployed jobseekers in December
null Employment Bulletin: 357,400 unemployed jobseekers in December
- A total of 357,400 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of December. This was 99,700 more than a year earlier.
- The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 42,800 from the previous month.
- At the end of December, the number of people laid off was 96,600 in the whole country; a year-on-year increase of 68,900.
- The number of people fully laid off increased by 19,800 from November.
- The number of long-term unemployed — that is those who had been unemployed without interruption for at least a year — amounted to 91,900, up 28,900 on the previous year.
- The number of new vacancies reported to Employment and Economic Development Offices during December totalled 50,400, which is 5,000 fewer vacancies than in December the previous year.
- In all, the number of unfilled vacancies at Employment and Economic Development Offices in December amounted to 92,800; a decrease of 11,200 from the previous year.
- The unemployment rate was 7.8%, or 1.8 percentage points higher than the previous year.