Frequently asked questions

Employers and entrepreneurs

  • The best way to post an open vacancy through the TE Office is online. Post an advertisement for the open position online on Enterprise and Employer E-Services. The online service contains all TE Services for companies and employers that can be managed online. Employers can log into the service with single sign-on. You can post a vacancy by clicking the E-Services button.

    You can also currently access the services with the user IDs of a TE Services employer with a contract. You can get your online service user ID from your local TE Office. With this ID, you can use the basic E-services but not all of the online services.

    You can also post an open vacancy by calling your local TE Office or by filling an open online form.

  • Report job vacancy or related changes:

    1. online with online service IDs: select contractual customer registration and login
    2. online with an open online form: select the job advertisement without an online service agreement
    3. by calling your local TE Office.

    Learn more about editing your job advertisement

    TE Offices

  • Contact the TE Office that registered the job advertisement. If the company has a contractual customer's online user ID, it is also possible to make changes in the online service.


  • The minimum wage is based on collective agreements. An employer who is a member of an employers' association that has concluded a collective agreement must comply with the collective agreement their association has concluded. An employer who is not a member of an employers’ association that has concluded a collective agreement must comply with the generally binding collective agreement in the sector.

    The employer may not agree on worse benefits for the employee than what is stated in the generally binding collective agreement. For more detailed information on generally binding collective agreements, contact your employers’ or employees’ association or occupational safety and health administration.
    If the employer is not a member of an employers' association that has concluded a collective agreement and there is no generally binding collective agreement in the sector binding the employer, the employer must pay a salary considered normal and reasonable for the work.

    If the sector has an agreement other than a generally binding collective agreement, the salary set for the work in that agreement can be considered normal and reasonable. If there are no collective agreements in the sector, normal and reasonable pay may be based on e.g. the pay recommendations by organisations operating on that sector. If there are no agreements or recommendations on the sector, it is recommended that full-time work be paid at least to the extent that the right to a daily allowance under the employment condition of the Unemployment Security Act is fulfilled. 

    See more on salary payments on the website 

  • The employer can apply for a pay subsidy granted by the TE Office for the salary costs of an unemployed jobseeker.
    The purpose of the discretionary subsidy is to promote the employment of unemployed jobseekers and to improve their professional skills and competence. This means that the granting of a pay subsidy is based on the employer’s need to spend more time than usual training the new employee and familiarising them with their tasks.
    If the jobseeker has a pay subsidy card from the TE Office, this indicates that the person can be granted a pay subsidy. The employer's conditions for receiving support will be reviewed separately.
    The employer applies for a pay subsidy from the TE Office in whose operating area the place of work is located or where the jobseeker is registered as an unemployed jobseeker. Remember that the employment relationship may not begin until the decision on the pay subsidy has been issued.

  • A start-up grant can be granted to a full-time entrepreneur. In other words, the start-up grant cannot be paid if the income of the person starting a business is otherwise secured by a salary or other income. The start-up grant is personal and taxable social assistance and can be granted to several partners in the same company.

    Under certain conditions, the start-up grant can also be applied to a new owner of an existing business in generational shifts and changes of ownership. The start-up grant is discretionary subsidy and decisions are made on the basis of e.g. a business plan and often a start-up grant statement from regional business services.

    The application must be submitted well in advance and the business owner must receive the decision on the grant before starting business operations. It is recommended to submit the application electronically so that the matter can be easily initiated. Always contact your local TE Office before applying for a start-up grant!

  • The online service has plenty of information on matters related to starting your own company. You can read handbooks on starting a business and use the new entrepreneur's checklist as a helpful tool. You can also easily find a business advisor near you to book a personal appointment.
    You can create an electronic workspace for your company using My Enterprise Finland. On the My Enterprise Finland workspace, you can take an entrepreneur test and create a business plan.
    If you would like to get advice on the telephone, you can call the Enterprise Finland telephone service which can help you get started and provide advice on the most asked questions about owning a business. If necessary, the advisor at the telephone service can directed you to other public business services such as the nearest regional business advisor for further discussions.

    Read more about services aimed at new business owners

  • Det sysselsättningspolitiska understödet är en finansieringsform som arbets- och näringsbyrån kan använda sig av för att skaffa sina kunder tjänster som produceras i projektform.    

    Innehållet i projekten kan variera. Verksamhetens utgångspunkt ska vara främjande av sysselsättningen av arbetslösa arbetssökande. Arbets- och näringsbyrån kan bevilja föreningar, stiftelser, kommuner och samkommuner understöd.

    Det sysselsättningspolitiska understödet är prövningsbaserat. Arbets- och näringsbyrån kan fastställa riktlinjer för vilken typ av verksamhet eller för vilken målgrupps behov som understöd beviljas.

    Möjligheterna att utlysa ansökningsomgångar för inledning av nya projekt hänger ihop med anslagssituationen för området.

    Arbets- och näringsbyråerna meddelar om ansökningstiderna på sina egna webbplatser.

    Läs mer på sidan om

    Sysselsättningspolitiskt understöd

    Employment policy project support is a form of funding that the TE Office can use to procure short-term services for its customers.
    The content of the projects may vary but their aim is to promote the employment of unemployed jobseekers. The TE Office may grant the support to an association, foundation, municipality or joint municipal authority.

    The employment policy project support is discretionary and the TE Office may determine whether to grant the support based on e.g. the kind of activities or which target group it is intended for. The opportunities available to start accepting project applications for new projects depend on the region's funding.
    TE Offices announce application periods on their website.

    Find more information on

    Employment policy project support