Frequently asked questions

Use of TE-services

  • Not all services require booking an appointment with the TE Office. You can change your job search information and check the validity of your job search and your unemployment security statement online. If you need to book an appointment with the TE Office, always contact the TE Office directly by telephone or visiting your local office. If you need to postpone your appointment, you also do this directly with the TE Office.

    Find the TE Office contact information and service instructions on Local TE Services


  • Your job search is valid until further notice if you log into E-services and your customer data states "Your job search is valid. The TE Office will contact you by" This means that your job search will remain valid even if you have not yet been contacted by the TE Office. The TE Office will contact you as soon as possible.

    It is important that you keep your contact details up-to-date so that the TE Office can contact you when needed (e.g. appointments, job offers).

  • You do not need to determine yourself whether you are a customer of the local government pilot on employment. If you are a customer of the local government pilot on employment, you will be notified of this in person by letter, or when you register as a jobseeker or announce the start of unemployment or lay-off through E-Services.  

    When you want to start your job search, register as a jobseeker with the TE Office following their instructions.

    Jobseekers’ services during the local government pilots

  • When you are a customer of the local government pilot on employment, your municipality of residence which is included in the municipal experiment can help you find employment and offer you suitable services instead of the TE Office.  For example, if you are a customer of the Pirkanmaa employment pilot and your municipality of residence is Tampere, you will receive help in finding employment from the City of Tampere. 

    Your municipality of residence assesses your service needs and prepares an employment plan with you. Your municipality of residence can also issue labour policy statements or ask for more information on unclear issues by requesting a clarification. When you need help, first contact the expert in your own municipality of residence.  You also have access to E-Services and TE telephone services. 

    Contact information (, in Finnish)