Unemployment security advice
Mon-Fri 9.00–16.15, 0295 020 713 in English, 0295 020 701 in Finnish
The telephone service may be busy especially during lunch hours 11-13.15 o’clock.
Unemployment security advice is a national advisory telephone maintained by the TE Services that provides information and answers to questions such as
- The labour policy requirements for a jobseeker’s unemployment benefits
- The labour policy requirements for an entrepreneur's unemployment benefits
- How studying affects your right to unemployment benefits
- How part-time and temporary work affect your right to unemployment benefits
- Responding to a request for clarification from the TE Office
- Appeals against the labour policy statement issued by the TE Office
We answer callers in their calling order. If all advisers are busy when you call, you can stay on hold; 9 a.m to 1.30 p.m., you can also choose passive queuing which means that you will be called back once from a number starting with 0295. When you call the service, you will always receive up-to-date information on the queue to the service and instructions on how to proceed.
If you are a customer of a local government pilot on employment, the telephone service for advice on unemployment is also available to you.