Is your qualification eligble in Finland?

In many jobs, it is enough that your employer finds your qualifications and professional competence suitable for the job. If the qualifications required in a profession are laid down by law, you will need a decision on the recognition of your qualifications.

Professions that require a recognition decision can be found in health care and teaching, for instance. A list of these regulated professions and the competent authorities responsible for the recognition process can be found on the website of the Finnish National Board of Education. A person whose higher education degree is completed abroad may need a decision also when applying for a civil service post or position in Finland, for which the statutory eligibility requirement is a higher education degree or a higher education degree of a certain level.

In some fields, you will be required to acquire a pass or card in order to prove your proficiency in a certain area. Many of the cards are statutory and they grant you the right to practise your profession. 

Before acquiring a pass or a card, you usually participate in training  that ends with the actual test. The tests are usually subject to a fee.