Pay security

If your employer has gone bankrupt or is otherwise insolvent, you may apply for pay security in respect of any payments due to you. This is your statutory right.

You should apply for pay security within three months of your pay being overdue. After this period, the provisions on pay security will no longer apply.

  • Click on the link on the right to download and print out a pay security application.
  • You can submit your application to any TE Office or ELY Centre.

The decision on your application will be made at the ELY Centre. The processing times will depend on the case, but in most cases they will be approximately eight months.

More information:

Pay security (