Tips for finding a job
Search for work requires an active approach initiative. It includes a number of steps to help you make your job search systematic and productive. Also you can and should always develop your own job search skills.
When looking for a job, you should
- Be active and flexible
- Search for jobs through many different channels
- Make sure that the job-seeking skills are in order and that the documents are up to date
- Take into account that an interesting workplace can also be accessed through training or work try-outs
- Keep your vocational skills and competence up to date
- Use social media in job search
- Consider entrepreneurship as an employment option
In this section, the following areas related to job-seeking are discussed
- How employers look for new employees
- Assessing one's own competence and the job seeker's readiness for working life
- How social media supports job seeking
- How to proceed when you are interested in a job
- Tips for preparing a job application and CV
- How to make an impact in a job interview and
- What to do when you get a job.
Have you considered starting a business as one option for finding work?
TE Offices offer various services to entrepreneurs, those interested in entrepreneurship and those starting business activities. TE Offices are part of a regional business service package, in which the authorities and organisations cooperate in providing business services and utilising national experts.
Instructions for customers in local government pilots on employment
If you are a customer of a local government pilot on employment, contact your municipality of residence if you are interested in job search training, work try-outs, education or need information on starting and developing business activities.