If you become unemployed

Register as an unemployed jobseeker no later than on your first day of unemployment.

By E-services

E-services (in Finnish or Swedish)

Sign into the service with your personal online banking codes, a mobile certificate from your mobile operator or your smart ID card.

  • You can edit and update information related to your job search. 
  • You can view information related to your unemployment security. 
  • You can carry out all tasks related to communication with the TE Office. 

How to begin your job search

By visiting the TE Office

If you are unable to sign into E-services and you are a new jobseeker. Employment and economic development services are provided by 15 local TE Offices. See the sites of each individual office for their contact information, opening hours and information about local services.

Local TE-services (in Finnish or Swedish)

By telephone

If you are unable to sign into E-services and you have previously been a customer. 

Telephone service for personal customers

Instructions for customers in local government pilots on employment 

Register as a jobseeker at your TE Office. You will be transferred as a customer in your municipality of residence if you are a customer of the local government pilot on employment. As a customer of the local government pilot on employment, you use the services at your home municipality instead of the TE Office.  

If you have once been transferred as a customer of the employment pilot, you can also start your job search by contacting your municipality of residence. 

Jobseekers’ services during the local government pilots

See more detailed instructions:

This website is part of the European Commission's Your Europe portal. Did you find what you were looking for? Give feedback! (europa.eu)