Support for finding a job
Being active yourself is not always enough to get a job. There may be various reasons for your difficulties in finding work; for example, you may have stayed at home and cared for young children, you have been unemployed for a prolonged period, or an injury or illness makes it more difficult for you to find a job.
Personal guidance or financial support may be needed to facilitate your access to the job market. If you feel you are getting nowhere by yourself, contact the TE Office for help.
The TE Offices work together with such actors as the municipality, the Social Insurance Institution (Kela) and various job creation projects, which will increase your possibilities of finding a job. The path may sometimes be long and involve various combinations of services.
If you are a customer of a local government pilot on employment, ask for support for finding employment in your municipality of residence.
- Self-assessment of work ability and functioning (kykyviisari.fi)
- Information on unemployment and services for the unemployed (suomi.fi)
- Ohjaamo -One-Stop Guidance Centers (ohjaamot.fi)
- The Road Back to Work (tietyoelamaan.fi)
- Professional information (in Finnish, kokeile.tyomarkkinatori.fi)
- ForeAmmatti (in Finnish)
- AVO programme (in Finnish)