Integration services for immigrants

When you come to live in Finland, you can contact the Employment and Economic Development Office, or the TE Office, to ask for services that will support your integration and employment.

The TE Office will help you to find a job. The TE Office offers a large selection of services to support your jobseeking.

Early phase integration services specifically intended for immigrants include

  • guidance and advice for immigrants
  • an initial assessment
  • an integration plan
  • integration training.

Register as a jobseeker

There are two ways of registering as a jobseeker:

1. Via the E-services, if you can sign into the service with online banking codes, a mobile certificate from your mobile operator or a smart ID card and you are a citizen of an EU or EEA Member State.

E-services in Finnish and Swedish

2. If you cannot sign into E-services or are a citizen of other countries, you must visit the TE Office.

TE Offices’ contact information

When you have registered as a jobseeker, we will contact your and arrange a time to meet with you.

When you visit the TE Office for the first time, bring with you

  • your passport or a certificate of your passport being held by the police
  • a residence permit or a certificate of registration of an EU citizen's right of residence, If you are a British citizen and have applied for a right of residence under the Withdrawal Agreement, please bring a certificate of this.
  • an extract from the population register from the Digital and Population Data Services Agency or a Kela card or other document that you use to prove that you have a Finnish personal identity code
  • certificates of employment and education translated into Finnish, Swedish or English.

Integration services for immigrants in the local government pilots on employment 

Register as a jobseeker with the TE Office. You will be referred to your municipality of residence if you are a customer of the local government pilot on employment.  

The local government pilot on employment means that you can get help in finding employment in your municipality of residence. If you are a customer of a local government pilot on employment and need help, contact your own employee in your municipality of residence. You can also use the E-Services and TE Office’s telephone services. 

Jobseekers’ services during the local government pilots

Also read

Customers of TE Services