Unemployment and social benefits during integration

Once you have registered as a jobseeker with a TE Office, you may be entitled to unemployment benefits: the labour market subsidy and the basic unemployment allowance are applied for at the Social Insurance Institution and the earnings-related allowance at your unemployment fund.

You may be entitled to an unemployment benefit if you are

  • an unemployed jobseeker
  • prepared to take a full-time job
  • prepared to accept services offered by the TE Office which improve your chances of finding a job and support your integration, such as a full-time Finnish language course.

If you are a full-time student, or if you cannot accept a full-time job for such reasons as full-time care of a child, you are not entitled to unemployment benefits.

Running your own business may also affect the payment of unemployment benefits.

In addition, you may be entitled to social assistance, which is applied from Kela.

Integration services for immigrants in the local government pilots on employment 

If you are a customer of a local government pilot on employment and have registered as a jobseeker, you may be entitled to unemployment benefits. You can apply for labour market support and basic unemployment allowance from Kela or earnings-related allowance from your unemployment fund.  

You may be entitled to unemployment benefits if you are an unemployed jobseeker, are ready to work full-time and are ready to participate in services that support your employment provided by your municipality of residence. 

Jobseekers’ services during the local government pilots