Have you graduated recently, or are you about to graduate?
In the beginning of your last term at the latest it is a good idea to start thinking ahead for the time when you make the transition from studying to working life.
When you are looking for a job, you should keep your options as open as possible and avoid having too narrow a focus. Examine various opportunities in a broad sense and keep an open mind. Take part in many types of events and fairs. Do not hesitate to chat to professionals of your field. You could also get good tips from your teachers.
Determine your personal strengths
When you are about to graduate and move on to working life, you should think about some of the following questions:
- Could I do my thesis for some organisation and thus "get my foot in the door"?
- What skills have I built up during my studies – and my life?
- Where could there be a demand for my skills?
- Where could I look for a job?
- Could I possibly start my own business?
- How can I market myself to employers – also in a job interview?
Ready to look for a job
Prepare yourself for the various steps of looking for a job. This will increase your chances of success.