Employment Bulletin: Increase in unemployed jobseekers in December
A total of 257,700 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of December. This is 1,200 more than a year earlier.
- The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 29,100 from the previous month.
- The number of long-term unemployed — amounted to 63,000, down 3,800 on the previous year.
- Among those aged over 50, the number of unemployed was 95,100, representing an increase of 100 on the year before.
- The number of unemployed jobseekers aged under 25 was 32,800, representing a decrease of 600 from December last year.
Increase in new vacancies
The number of new vacancies reported to Employment and Economic Development Offices during December totalled 55,400, or 9,500 more than in December the previous year.
- In all, the number of unfilled vacancies at Employment and Economic Development Offices in December amounted to 104,100, which was 14,500 more than a year ago.
- At the end of December, the number of persons covered by services included in the activation rate amounted to 110,900, down 5,600 on the previous year.
- At the end of December, the number of people laid off was 27,700 in the whole country; a year-on-year increase of 6,300.
Unemployment rate 6.0%
- The employment rate was 73.0%, which was 1.0 percentage points higher than in December the year before.
- The unemployment rate was 6.0%, or 0.6 percentage points higher than the previous year.
The employment bulletin website
Increase in unemployed jobseekers in December, (tem.fi)