The number of unemployed jobseekers increased in January
A total of 251,700 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of January, showing a year-on-year increase of 200.
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 6,000 from the previous month.
- The number of long-term unemployed amounted to 63,400, down 2,500 on the previous year.
- Among those aged over 50, the number of unemployed was 94,400, representing an increase of 300 on the year before.
- Unemployed jobseekers aged under 25 numbered 30,800, representing a decrease of 1,200 from January last year. Among unemployed young people, the period of unemployment ended within three months on average in 64.5 percent of cases in January, which is 1.4 percentage points more than the year before.
Increase in new vacancies
- The number of new vacancies reported to Employment and Economic Development Offices during January totalled 92,900, or 5,900 more than in January the previous year.
- The total number of unfilled vacancies at Employment and Economic Development Offices in January amounted to 146,400, which was 12,100 more than a year ago.
- At the end of January, the number of people laid off was 24,400 in the whole country; a year-on-year increase of 3,300.
Unemployment rate 7.2%
- The employment rate was 72.1%, which was 1.5 percentage points higher than in January the year before.
- The unemployment rate was 7.2%, or 0.4 percentage points higher than the previous year.
Employment Bulletin of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment