The number of unemployed jobseekers increased in February
- A total of 248,100 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of February. This is 2,300 more than a year earlier.
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 3,500 from the previous month.
- The number of long-term unemployed amounted to 63,200, down 1,500 on the previous year.
- Among those aged over 50, the number of unemployed was 93,600, representing an increase of 700 on the year before.
- The number of unemployed aged under 25 decreased by 700.
Decrease in number of new vacancies
- The number of new vacancies reported to TE Offices during February totalled 73,600, or 4,200 less than in February the previous year.
- In all, the number of unfilled vacancies in February amounted to 164,400, which was 3,000 more than a year ago.
Increase in the employment rate
- The unemployment total was 187,000, which is 13,000 less than a year ago.
- The unemployment rate was 6.9%, or 0.5 percentage points lower than the previous year.
- The employment rate was 71.3%, which was 0.5 percentage points higher than in February the year before.
Employment Bulletin of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment https://tem.fi/en/employment-bulletin
Petri Syvänen, Ministerial Adviser, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, tel. +358 29 504 8050