Employment Bulletin: Number of unemployed jobseekers rose in June
- A total of 416,900 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of June, showing a year-on-year increase of 162,700.
- The number of unemployed jobseekers was down by 15,800 from May 2020.
- At the end of June, the number of people laid off was 137,600 in the whole country; a year-on-year increase of 122,800.
- The number of long-term unemployed — that is those who had been unemployed without interruption for more than a year — amounted to 75,200, up 11,400 on the previous year.
- The number of unemployed jobseekers aged under 25 was 58,900, representing an increase of 23,600 from June last year.
Decrease in number of new vacancies
- The number of new vacancies reported to Employment and Economic Development Offices during June totalled 47,700; down 4,800 from June a year earlier.
- In all, the number of unfilled vacancies at Employment and Economic Development Offices amounted to 93,000 in June, showing a decrease of 17,000 from the previous year.
Unemployment rate 7.9%
- The employment rate was 73.7%, which was 2.1 percentage points lower than in June the year before.
- The unemployment rate was 7.9%, or 1.8 percentage points higher than the previous year.
Employment Bulletin of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment (temtyollisyyskatsaus.fi)
Number of unemployed jobseekers rose in June (press release 21 July 2020) (tem.fi)