Employment Bulletin: 329,700 unemployed jobseekers in August
A total of 329,700 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of August, showing a year-on-year increase of 97,100.
- the number of people laid off was 77,800 in the whole country; a year-on-year increase of 65,600.
- the number of long-term unemployed amounted to 78,800, up 15,400 on the previous year.
- the number of unemployed jobseekers aged under 25 was 42,000, representing an increase of 12,400 from August last year.
Decrease in number of new vacancies
- The number of new vacancies reported to Employment and Economic Development Offices during August totalled 55,500, showing a decrease of 12,000 from August last year.
- In all, the number of unfilled vacancies at Employment and Economic Development Offices amounted to 98,600 in August; a decrease of 19,500 from the previous year.
Unemployment rate 7.7%
- The employment rate was 71.5%, which was 2.1 percentage points lower than in August the year before.
- The unemployment rate was 7.7%, or 1.6 percentage points higher than the previous year.
Employment Bulletin, August 2020