Employment Bulletin: 314,500 unemployed jobseekers in November
- A total of 314,500 unemployed jobseekers were registered at Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of November. This was 86,000 more than a year earlier.
- The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 1,800 from the previous month.
- At the end of November, the number of people laid off was 76,400 in the whole country, which was 55,700 more than at the same time the year before.
- The number of people fully laid off increased by 800 from October.
- •The number of long-term unemployed — that is those who had been unemployed without interruption for at least a year — amounted to 85,300, up 24,200 on the previous year.
- The number of new vacancies reported to Employment and Economic Development Offices during November totalled 49,400, or 7,200 fewer than in November the previous year.
- In all, the number of unfilled vacancies at Employment and Economic Development Offices in November amounted to 91,400, showing a decrease of 19,500 from last year.
- The unemployment rate was 6.9%, or 0.9 percentage points higher than the previous year.