Decrease in unemployed jobseekers in September
The number of unemployed jobseekers was down by 6,600 from August.
- A total of 226,000 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of September. This was 6,000 fewer than a year earlier.
- The number of long-term unemployed was 62,600, down by 7,800 from the previous year.
- The number of unemployed jobseekers aged over 50 was 86,200; 2,300 fewer than in September last year.
- The number of unemployed jobseekers aged under 25 totalled 27,900; 1,200 fewer than in September last year.
Increase in new vacancies
- The number of new vacancies reported to Employment and Economic Development Offices during September totalled 65,400, or 14,900 more than in September the previous year.
- In all, the number of unfilled vacancies at Employment and Economic Development Offices in September amounted to 121,500, which was 21,000 more than a year ago.
Unemployment rate 5.9%
- The employment rate was 72.7%, which was 1.3 percentage points higher than in September the year before.
- The unemployment rate was 5.9%, or 0.4 percentage points lower than the previous year.
Petri Syvänen, Ministerial adviser, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, tel. +358 29 504 8050.
Employment Bulletin of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment