Reactivate support to unemployed persons aged 35+
Financial support for finding a job in another EU country
The EU mobility project Reactivate aims at helping jobseekers aged 35+ find a job or traineeship from another EU country. There are two Reactivate projects and they are coordinated by Italian and German employment services. You can find further information about these projects on the rights side of the page. (NOTE! It is also possible for jobseekers over 35 years old to apply support from TMS-mobility projects)
You may seek assistance from Reactivate project, if you are
- at least 35 years old
- EU citizen legally resident in an EU country
- unemployed job seeker, a part-time working job seeker, planning to change your working field or planning to change jobs.
When you have found a vacancy in another EU country and agreed on a job interview, you may receive financial support for
- the interview trip
- relocation or moving to the new country after the job/traineeship has been secured
- language training according to actual costs
- recognition of qualifications
- family support
Conditions for the support
- You must be an unemployed jobseeker, a part-time working job seeker, planning to change your working field or planning to change jobs.
- Employment contract with at least 6 months duration and working hours of no less than 50% full time equivalent in the country of destination.
- In case of traineeship the contract must last at least 3 months
- Apply for the support for the interview trip and moving expenses as well as family support well in advance before you set off for the trip or move from the country
- Support may be sought for job opportunities in EU countries (not in Switzerland or Liechtenstein).
What do I do next?
There are three Reactivate projects of which you can choose. The projects are coordinated by The German, Italian and Swedish employment services.
The German project supports jobseekers who wish to enter the German labour market. Germany is mainly looking for employees for the following sectors: engineers and technical professions, doctors and health professionals, as well as hotel and gastronomy staff. If you are interested in this project, please, contact Eures Germany directly:
+49 228 7131313
Further information about the project
Further information about the German labour market
EURES Italy grants support for work, traineeship or apprenticeship to applicants for +35 years old. The focus is on tasks relating to tourism and on the logistics, engineering and healthcare sectors.
To apply you must register at the CV bank. See also video.
- When a suitable vacancy is found, the project staff contacts the applicant and tells what kind of a job they have to offer.
- The applicant then decides, together with the project staff, on how to proceed.
If you have any questions about Reactivate support, you may send an e-mail to: yfej(a)te-toimisto.fi or contact your nearest TE Office.
How to use TE services