Targeted Mobility Schemes (TMS)
Financial support for finding a job in another EU country
Targeted Mobility Schemes (TMS) project aims to help jobseekers 18 years old or older to find a job or a traineeship in another EU country, Norway or Iceland. You may also receive financial support as a contribution towards some of the costs involved.
There are two TMS projects, Sweden and Germany have their own projects. You can find further information about these projects also in this page. You can choose either one of these two projects.
Targeted Mobility Schemes may help you if you wish to
- gain work experience in your own field even if already working in an EU country
- get started in your career
- change you professional orientation.
You may seek assistance from Targeted Mobility Schemes if you are
- aged 18 or older
- EU citizen or citizen of Norway or Iceland legally resident in an EU country or Norway or Iceland.
The financial allowances available in this project correspond, for the most part, to the ones in the Targeted Mobility Schemes. It is possible to apply financial support for
- the interview trip
- relocation or moving to the new country after the job has been secured
- language training
- recognition of qualifications
- subsistence allowance for trainees
- Supplementary trip allowance
- family support
Conditions for the support
- Labour contract with at least 6 months duration and working hours of no less than 50% full time equivalent in the country of destination
- Traineeship contract with at least 3 months duration.
- Apply for the support for the interview trip and moving expenses well in advance before you set off for the trip or move from the country.
- Support may be sought for job opportunities in EU countries, Norway and Iceland but not in Switzerland or Liechtenstein.
- Financial support for a job interview and/or relocation is no longer granted when work tasks in Business support/Call Centre operations contain sales or telemarketing.
- The decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
What do I do next
Please, read more information about the Targeted Mobility Schemes in this page under the title TMS projects.
If you have any questions, please contact your closest TE-office or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website is part of the European Commission's Your Europe portal. Did you find what you were looking for? Give feedback!