Your first EURES job for a young person
Financial support for finding a job in another EU country
Your first EURES job project aims to help young people aged 18–35 find a job or a traineeship in another EU country, Norway or Iceland. You may also receive financial support to cover some of the costs involved.
There are three Your first Eures Job projects: Sweden, Germany, and Italy have their own projects. You can find further information about these projects on the rights side of the page. You can choose any one of these three projects.
Your first EURES job may help you if you wish to
- gain work experience in your own field even if already working in an EU country
- get started in your career
- change you professional orientation
You may seek assistance from Your first EURES job project if you are
- aged 18–35
- EU citizen or citizen of Norway or Iceland legally resident in an EU country or Norway or Iceland.
It is possible to apply financial support for
- the interview trip 100–350 euros depending on the distance
- relocation or moving to the new country after the job has been secured 700–1400 euros, depending on the country of destination
- language training according to actual costs up to 2000 euros
- recognition of qualifications according to actual costs up to 1000 euros
- subsistence allowance for trainees up to 600 euros per month (max. 3 months)
- supplementary relocation allowance up to 500 euros; available to young people with special needs only.
Conditions for the support
- Labour contract with at least 6 months duration and working hours of no less than 50% full time equivalent in the country of destination
- Traineeship contract with at least 3 months duration.
- Apply for the support for the interview trip and moving expenses well in advance before you set off for the trip or move from the country.
- Support may be sought for job opportunities in EU countries, Norway and Iceland but not in Switzerland or Liechtenstein.
- Financial support for a job interview and/or relocation is no longer granted when work tasks in Business support/Call Centre operations contain sales or telemarketing.
Support for language training, recognition of qualifications and supplementary relocation allowance
- When you have received confirmation that relocation allowance has been granted to you, you may also apply for support for language training and recognition of qualifications and for supplementary relocation allowance based on special needs.
- The decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
- The confirmation of receiving an allowance based on special needs must be obtained in advance, before you start language training or the process for the recognition of qualifications. The need for supplementary relocation assistance must also be established in advance.
- Expenses are reimbursed retroactively against receipt.
What do I do next?
Please, read more information about the Your first Eures job project on the right side of the page under the title Your first Eures job projects.
If you have any questions, please contact your closest TE-office or send an e-mail to: yfej(a)te-toimisto.fi