Support for traineeship or apprenticeship
Support for preparatory traineeships in Germany
EURES Germany grants Your First EURES Job support for traineeship placements in Germany to applicants aged 18–35. The purpose of the training is to be employed in the same company after the training. Finland cooperates with Germany by focusing the applications on engineers and technical professions.
The duration of traineeship will be from 6 weeks to 3 months with a formal contract.
- During recruitment process employer needs to present a concrete job offer for the candidate for time after preparatory traineeship.
- The employer is required to pay minimum wage during the traineeship.
If you apply for Your first EURES job -support, you must be registered with EURES Germany (the International Placement Service of ZAV).
You may seek assistance from Your first EURES job project Germany if you are
- aged 18–35
- EU citizen legally resident in an EU country or Iceland or Norway.
Through the program it is possible to apply financial support for:
- Preparatory language course in home country to a pre-selected or recruited young person, for whom a training need in the German language has been identified. The support is paid after the completion of the course (reimbursement of actual declared costs up to 1270 €).
- Job Interview Allowance: flat-rate funding up to max. 500 € based on distance travelled, and daily subsistence allowance for a maximum duration of three days.
- Relocation Allowance: 940 € flat-rate funding to cover expenses for relocation to Germany.
- Recognition of qualification: Reimbursement of actual declared costs up to 1000 € to have academic and/or professional qualifications recognised.
- Language course in Germany accompanying preparatory traineeship (6 weeks to 3 months).
More information (arbeitsagentur.de)
Support for traineeship or apprenticeship in Italy
EURES Italy grants support for work, traineeship or apprenticeship to applicants aged 18–35. The focus is on tasks relating to tourism and on the logistics, engineering and healthcare sectors.
To apply you must register at the ClicLavoro CV bank.
- When a suitable vacancy is found, the project staff contacts the applicant and tells what kind of a job they have to offer.
- The applicant then decides, together with the project staff, on how to proceed. The focus is on tasks relating to tourism and on the logistics, engineering and healthcare sectors.
More information (yourfirsteuresjob.eu)